Monday, March 13, 2006

Update: Dan Brown, Red Sun, Prince Caspian & Survivor

Here are some updates (largely based on questions or comments I have received):

Da Vinci Code Delay? Fact or Fiction?
A couple updates here. So it's true Random House is suing Random House over whether Dan Brown didn't plagerize but stole Thoughts from the book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. I call publicity stunt. (Random House holds the writes to each of these books).

Also, Catholic bishops have launched an attack over the false theology of The Da Vinci Code with the website jesusdecoded.com which has a very professional design and a fair deal of information. (More info here).

Also...Dan Brown took the stand in London yesterday, here's a quote from a forbes article:

"I cannot possibly tell you the precise date I learned that Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute," The Associated Press quoted the thriller scribe as saying. At another point, Brown protested, "It's as if you've asked me to go back five years or ten years and asked me not only what I got for Christmas, but what order I opened the presents."

Will all this craziness tie up the Tom Hanks film? No verdict yet.

Flags of Our Fathers
It's all sounding like award pedigree to me. According to this article on comingsoon.net the film production of Red Sun, Black Sand is beginning this week in LA. Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai) is set to star. Also don't forget, this and Flags of Our Fathers & Red Sun, Black Sand is being directed by Clint Eastwood, produced by Steven Speilberg, and Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby) is writing the script. It all sounds like a pile of awards and accolades...and probably some good entertainment!

Survivor 12- Panama - Exile Island Prediction
I predicted a final four of Bruce, Aras, Bobby, and Sally. Well, bobby is gone but half way through three still remain. Ultimatly, I just don't think Bruce can win...and I said at the start I didn't think I'd like Shane, Terry, or Cirie...well I was right and wrong. Can't stand Shane, I think Terry is cooler every episode, and I think different things about Cirie every episode...she's pretty funny.

Prince Caspian Seems to Be Confirmed as a Narnia Go
According to Boxofficemojo's release schedule, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is set to be released December 14, 2007 (a week after New Line Cinema's film His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass)

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: