Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lindsay Doesn't Work Like That

In April I posted: "That's" weird" or What I thought When I saw Lindsay Lohan in the A Prairie Home Companion Preview . Here's a little follow-up (per se).

Cinematical reports: "According to rumors, the actress is unhappy with the production [of the movie Bill] and is planning on only working for big name directors from now on (Bill is being shot by first-time directors Bernie Goldmann and Melisa Wallack). "

Well let's see how things are looking directorially for power-player Ms. Lohan post Robert Altman and with the directors of "Bill"...

  • Bobby is being directed by Emilio Estevez (sure a big name, but a big name director??)
  • Chapter 27 is being directed by Jarrett Schaeffer (never done anything large scale as far as I can tell)
  • A Woman of No Importance (2007) is being directed by Janusz Kaminski (not a big name director but one of the greatest cinemotographers)
  • Georgia Rule (2007) is directed by Garry Marshall and is Lindsay's next project, obviously he's a big name director...certainly a very "light" director, but a name for sure.
  • Speechless(2007) directed by Brian Dannelly (not a big name as I understand, he's credited with Saved! and the pilot of Weeds)

I'm sure this announcement comes post-filming of some of this projects. I will be interested though to see if how these thoughts shape her next projects she choose, she certainly has her hands full, and it's obvious she's moving away from the Teeny-bopper films.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a Parie Home Companion and general NPR junkie, I am curious to see how this one will turn out.

AWG said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what all those strong women, good-looking men and above-average children are up to!

JW said...

I am intensely curious to find out whether I will actually like her in APHC. I guess I will find out Saturday. I still have very big doubts.

JW

fictiondepartment.blogspot.com