Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Who Should Play Booth?

A comment last week on my post about Liam Nielson playing the part of Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's future film asked:

Wonder who will play Booth. Reading up on that bugger and he was one once referred to in the newspaper reviews as "the handsomest man in America."

I think this is a very fun question.

Jordan M. Poss responded with a suggestion for the part of John Wilkes Booth:

Right off the top of my head... I think Johnny Depp would make a good
booth--there's even a slight similarity in their facial features, and both were
well-known, dashing actors.


I think this is a very interesting idea and question. Be casting director and you choose who you think should play the part?

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

17 comments:

J.D. said...

I think he sort of looks a bit like Freddie Prinze Jr.

AWG said...

Maybe Harry Connick Jr.?

Jim Jannotti said...

Me. I should play him. I have no acting experience and look nothing like the guy, but it would be fun. And I'd get to work with Spielberg.

Huda Ba'haroon said...

I think Jude Law suits the character.

Jordan M. Poss said...

The problem with casting Booth is that you have to find someone with enough screen presence to make what could be a small role very real and very memorable, since the actor would essentially be acting in Liam Neeson's shadow. I still stand by Johnny Depp, but Jude Law is a good suggestion, too.

Tommy said...

Is Kevin Kline too old?

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, I can see Adrian Brody or Johnny Depp taking the part.

Anonymous said...

Edward Norton, perhaps?

spookyrach said...

2nd vote for Kevin Kline. There is a resemblance...

Out Of Jersey said...

I'm sorry, I just don't see Lliam as Abe Lincoln. He looks more like booth to me.

2complx said...

Well if we are looking for the the handsomest man...

Pfangirl said...

I'm with Anomie-Atlanta here. My first thought was Matthew McConaughey.

J.D. said...

Ooh ooh, Gary Sinise! That dude can look evil when he wants to. One of my friends is still mad that he didn't play Wolverine in X-Men.

poppedculture said...

Oooh, I like the idea of Kline. But how about Hugh Jackman?

Kimberly Ann said...

i am going with Matthew McConaughey on looks, also. he really does kinda look like booth in this pic. was booth from the south? if so, even better b/c McConaughey has one thick accent.

Alex said...

these are all pretty good choices. being partial to Johnny Depp makes him my choice but these are all good.

jasdye said...

i was thinking law b/fore someone suggested it. but instead of carpet-bagging it, (as us yanks are wont to do) McConaughey all the way.

oh yeah, also my first trip to your site.