Thursday, July 13, 2006

Meryl's 14th nomination in 2006

With 13 nominations, where will Meryl Streep's 14th academy award nomination come from.

The most nominated actress (Katherine Hepburn received 12 nominations), the appropriate question is not will Meryl Streep get an Oscar nod this year. Rather we should ask, for which film she will receive the nomination.

(Remember, Streep got a nomination in 2000's Music of the Heart, they'll nominate her for anything)

Obviously it's not for playing Queen Ant in the animated film The Ant Bully, but both A Prairie Home Companion and The Devil Wears Prada seem viable choices.

My guess is that Streep will score her 14th nomination this year for her work in a Prairie Home Companion. Being a Robert Altman picture and his films frequently pave the way for supporting roles nominations.

My previous post on a Prairie Home Companion can be found here.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

I think you're right. And, of course, she won't win.

Ramification said...

I know she already has 2 Oscars but c'mon if any actress is overdue a win it's her (along with Kate Winslet)! Neither film has opened yet in the UK but I think I would love her to win for something like The Devil Wears Prada!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My favorite Meryl Streep movie quote? "The dingo ate my baby".

is that so wrong? said...

I think Meryl's on track for nom #14 as well.... but in recent years she's been snubbed for some dynamite performances, like in The Hours and The Manchurian Candidate. Haven't yet seen Prairie, but she runs away with The Devil Wears Prada.... she can do anything.

JW said...

My personal opinion is that Meryl will get nominated, if and only if, her studio campaigns her Devil Wears Prada performance in supporting instead of lead.

JW

fictiondepartment.blogspot.com