Thursday, August 31, 2006

Helen Mirren is The Queen (two in fact)

The new movie poster for the film The Queen looks awesome (previous post about the film here).

It'll be interesting to see how this film is perceived in Venice this week, especially Helen Mirren's performance as Queen Elizabeth II following the death of Princess Di.

I can't help but assume that Helen Mirren will get an academy award nomination for her performance in this modern-biopic.

And what if she wins? Wouldn't it be interseting, especially considering just last weekend she won the Emmy (Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie) for playing Queen Elizabeth I in the TV movie Elizabeth I?

That would seem like quite an accomplishment to win awards for portrayls of Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II in the same life time, let alone the same year.

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

10 comments:

Kat Campbell said...

That picture is stunning! So much character and still so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about her portrayal of Elizabeth I in the made-for-tv 2 parter (which was amazing and the Emmy richly deserved). I can't wait to see this film. Mirren never disappoints.

Jim Jannotti said...

Helen Mirren is da bomb.

She's just delightfully evil in Excalibur.

spookyrach said...

What they all said...

Kimberly Ann said...

this poster utilizes some awesome design and color! sounds like the movie could be pretty interesting too.

Attila the Mom said...

I simply adore her and cheered during the Emmys. I can't wait for this to come out!

jn-girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emma said...

I predicted her from the off!

*feels proud*

Um Naief said...

she looks remarkably like queen elizabeth! i've heard nothing of this film so it'll be forever until we get it here in bahrain!

Anonymous said...

Helen Mirren deserves all the acolades - she is brilliant. I cant wait to see THE QUEEN.