Sunday, October 14, 2007

(Early) Golden Globe Comedy Actress Top 10

It's still early, and I certainly claim no expertise on predicting and guessing nominees in these types of things. But the Golden Globe nominations will be coming out in less than two months.

While I am mostly interested in the Academy Award season, it'll be interested to see who receives a Golden Globe Comedy/Musical nod because it's simply a unique award.

Compared to the potential for male-leads in comedies, it's certainly easier to guess what potential female candidates might be recognized.

With out further ado. My top 10 guesses for the nominees for the best comedy/musical actress for the upcoming Golden Globe ceremony.

1. Helena Bonham Carter - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
2. Keri Russell - Waitress
3. Ellen Page - Juno
4. Amy Adams - Enchanted
5. Nicole Kidman - Margot at the Wedding
6. Laura Linney - The Savages
7. Keira Knightley - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
8. Katherine Heigl - Knocked Up
9. Michelle Pfeiffer - Hairspray
10. Markéta Irglová - Once

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heigl all the way for me. Knocked Up was fantastic.

maryt/theteach said...

Haven't seen one of the movies you list...none have come my way except Pirates of the Caribbean and I didn't go to see it, or Hairspray. I feel so out of touch, yikes!

Barry said...

What about Nikki Blonsky for Hairspray?

RC said...

@ the teach, don't feel out of touch, even half these movies haven't even come out yet.

@barry, i don't think they'd nominate Nikki Blonsky...the Hollywood Foreign Press (i think) would be more likely to nominate Michelle Pfeiffer (or John Travolta as male lead) over any other actor in the movie b/c of their star power. I could be wrong.

Lorna said...

I'd like to see John T nominated for Best Supporting Actress---what a lovable mom/wife/latent activist he portrayed.

RJ said...

Michelle Pfeiffer would probably be supporting actress. And I can totally see Blonsky getting in. Keira on the other hand....no. She'll be nominatedin drama for Atonement and I doubt they'd bother with her here

Glenn Dunks said...

Pfeiffer will be supporting, surely. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her nominated. I believe she holds the record of six straight nominations, even getting nods for stuff like The Russia House. So they obviously like her.

Jacob said...

Now with golden globe, don't forget they honor television as well so you should also post your predictions for actors/actresses in television. Think about it and think Steve Carrell, The Office or Hugh Lawrie, House.

Dale said...

I thought Michelle Pfeiffer, John Travolta were terrible in Hairspray but Nikki Blonsky was fantastic. I wanted to like the film but was left a bit cold.